During my corporate days, when it came to fall, the cold weather had always meant one thing and one thing alone for me - Stay in, stay home, cozy up on the couch with a bowl of soup or a hot cup of tea, read a book, watch reruns of Friends, catch up on some HBO series, watch some chick flick movies until i fall asleep. Oh, i guess i should add, that always happened usually when i was very single and NOT ready to mingle. Maybe if i had put in some more efforts into my "Casual Friday" outfits it would have motivated me to want to hang out more with friends after work.
For me, the "Dress Down Friday" concept at work which is also known as a "Casual Friday" is a chance to merge your fun stylish side with your business side, but without forgetting you are still dressing for work....well until..
This outfit was inspired by the fact that after work on Fridays, anything can happen-
1. Sometimes co-workers may want to hang out for some happy hour at a bar.
2. Girlfriends may want to meet up for dinner to catch up.
3. Your best friend may be waving a ticket to one the best comic nights or open mic nights at one your favorite bars in your face.
4. It is Fashion week in some cities like Toronto, it may be time for you to honor that invite to a fashion show.
5. The ex, the boy friend or the hubby decides to be spontaneous and wants to scoop you up for a special evening after work.
I think it is a great look to take you from work mode to fun mode easily without changing a thing. It is clean enough for work, but at the same time chic and stylish enough for some fun night without compromise. If it feels right, it looks right.
If you are thinking about hanging out with some friends after work today, do me a favor, don't think, just do it :). Life is short, eat a cupcake.
Thank you all for stopping by. Now share your thoughts.
Hope you all have a great weekend!